Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Callmanager Service Fails to start

I have a demo callmanager server that I test applications on, and every once and a while, when I install certain applications it causes the callmanager services to not start upon reboot. Like today I install the CRA apps in a co-resident config and when i rebooted it, the CCM service failed to start. I could go in and manually start it, and the system works fine.. It just annoying and I'm wondering why this happened. It kind of acts like CCM has to start in the certain time period, if it doesn't it won't start at all..

Ideas anyone?

Chris Evans

Systems Engineer

Exp@nets

3 REPLIES

Re: Callmanager Service Fails to start

Hi,

Try the recovery option in the service properties, Add the restart service for first and second failure with 2/3 mins between failures.

What may be happening is that since your CallManager is a demo server, resources such as memory and CPU type and speed may not be as per recommended. So when you install new services around the CallManager, next when the SQL server comes ,additional processes update the SQL server, in which time if the CallManager tries to start but finding the SQL server response slower fails to start.

It may have occured to you that its rather funny that the CallManager service doesnt complain on later reboots.

Regards

Viraj

hi there.

another possibility could be that you changed the service-account of the service, and this account has not been allowed to 'log on as a service' in the w2k domain group policy.

so you are able to re-type the password and start the service manually, but once the server gets restarted, w2k overwrites the local policy with the group-policy.

but as mentioned, this is only applicable in w2k domain environment.

greetings,

gerhard

I have the same problem in my lab at home. Mine is a little different...my dc directory service fails to start which also causes the CRA engine to fail. Once the server is up you can just go in and start it manually. It looks like this config was not fully tested. My guess is they are using timers rather that dependencies to start these services and installing CRA put some extra time on the boot. One thing that was strange is I never saw a "failed to start" error in the event log.

As a side note - I would never install CCM and CRA on the same box in production for support reasons, but that is just me. Make sure you have 1.5 gig of ram for that config or you won't like it!

*** www.iptnetworkers.com ***

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content