Cisco Support Community
Community Member

CallManager Serviceability CallManager Error:16389

I was browsing a customer's CallManager and I happened just to check the Serviceability pages, under Service Control. To my surprise, I found the following error:

CallManager Error:16389 This service doesn't exist in the Win2K Service Control Manager

Normally, on the Service Control Page, there will be a radio button next to the service for when one wishes to select a certain service to, for instance, restart the service. There is no such button next to this service any more!

I found one reference on the forums with a similar Error at the following URL:

However, this one is with reference to the Dialled Number Analyzer, and the solution was to install the Dialled Number Analyzer from the Applications page.

Obviously, as this is the CallManager service itself, and this is the Primary CallManager in the cluster, it is actively servicing calls in the cluster at the moment. So, it is not possible to "install the plug in" with this.

Listed under the Windows Service utility, the Cisco CallManager service is there.

Client is running CCM 4.1(3)SR2. I cannot guarantee it, but I am pretty certain that this has only become like this since the upgrade to SR2.

I have a nasty feeling that if this is not resolved, then it might come back and bite one. Anyone seen this before and got any ideas as to how to fix this?

Re: CallManager Serviceability CallManager Error:16389

look for the c:/Program files/cisco/bin/ccm.exe ,then run ccm.exe -Service to load the process in the Service Control manager and from there start the should solve the problem

CreatePlease to create content