Views
Helpful
Replies

CallManager Simulator and push2phone apps

maria_fox
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am trying to test the push2phone application that is included in the SDK. As I don't have access to our Call Manager, is it possible to test the application with CM Sim instead. If yes, what should I do? Do I still need the admin password and the sdkapps username (in push2phone.asp).

Thanks very much.

4 Replies 4

aaronw.ca
Level 5
Level 5

As far as I know, you will not be able to test the push2phone app using the CallManager simulator. The push2phone app uses the AXL API (to get a list of phones) and the devicelistX API (to get the IP address of the selected phone to push the message to it), which are not supported by the CM Sim (to my knowledge).

Thanks for your reply aaron. You're correct. I tried to use it but cannot make the apps to work.

Anyway, I am testing a simple push application both with CM-Sim and the proper Call Manager. Below is the code:

http://10.80.232.81/CGI/Execute" Method="POST">

I just changed all parameters that needs to be changed like the IP Address of the phone I'm testing with and the ExecuteURL.

When I run this from CM-Sim, and input the username and password, I got a CiscoIPPhoneError=4 which I read is an authentication problem. I tried to use the postauthenticate.asp included in the SDK and modify this asp to just return 'AUTHORIZED', the username and password to be the one I'm inputting and the call manager to be the IP Address of the PC where CM-Sim is installed. I test this asp if it will return AUTHORIZED for those username and password. It is but I still get the CiscoIPPHoneError=4.

I tried this with our proper Call Manager. The username and password that I used is the same username and password that I used when logging into the phone. Our sys admin modify the profile to include the phone in the controlled devices list. And enable "authentication proxy rights". But after 3 tries of entering the username and password, I got this error:

Protected Object

This object on the RomPager server is protected.

Return to last page

What could be wrong? Is there something we missed? Please help.

Thanks.

Hi Maria,

One thing I noticed is that you didn't close the ExecuteItem element. It should end in "/>", but in your example it ends in just ">".

I'm not sure if this is the problem, but that will have to be fixed anyway, since it's not well-formed XML...

Hi,

Thanks for replying.

Currently I can't test it with CM-Sim as the phone refused to restart so I'm back with the proper call manager. I corrected the code but the error still persist.

Protected Object

This object on the RomPager server is protected.

Return to last page

I google this error message and presented with subjects about routers. Does this error has something to do with firewalls/routers etc?

Thanks again.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: