Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Callmanager syslog output to linux syslog server

We use a linux syslog server. I am looking for info on how to configure callmanager to send to the linux syslog server. I have looked at the SAenvProperties.ini file but I am not sure how to relate that to the info regular syslog requires.

3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Callmanager syslog output to linux syslog server

Glenn,

What log entries are you trying to have CallManager send to the server?

The SAenvProperties.ini file is used with the CiscoWorks 2000 Syslog Collector software that is an optional component to install on the CallManager.

The way that works is that the software acts as a proxy for hosts generating syslog messages so they can be collected and relayed to a CiscoWorks 2000 server.

For example, if you have a number of routers, switches, hosts, etc. that are generating syslog messages, you can point those messages to the CallManager. The CallManager then sends these messages to the CiscoWorks2000 host as configured in the ini file.

Dave, I am trying to get the copies of events that are logged to the windows event service to be sent to our syslog server. The callmanager documentation in the serviceablility guide is not to helpfull. It says it can be done but does not say how. Most systems give you a way of specifying the syslog host, the debug level and the local number to use. I cannot determine how to set the local number. I have been told it is seven by default but something is already using local seven on the syslog box.

Thanks

Glenn

Cisco Employee

I think you misunderstood what I was saying...

Let me rephrase. What you are trying to do can't be done with the software we provide. With what we have, we can only take logging messages and send them to a CiscoWorks 2000 server, and it does not use the standard UDP/514 syslog protocol to do so, it uses CORBA.

There may be other software available on the Internet that can take Win2k Event Viewer messages and pipe them over a syslog stream to a standard syslog server, but that is something that we neither offer nor support.

Views
Helpful
Replies