cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CallManager upgrade from 3.3(5)es23 to 4.2(3) fails

k.clarke
Level 1
Level 1

Not having a lot of luck over on the Unified Communications Applications forum so thought I would post this here as well.

The CallManager upgrade from 3.3(5)es23 to 4.2(3) fails at installing SQL2000 SP4.

On the Publisher :

OS Image 2000.2.4

OS Service rel : 2000.4.3aSR9

OS Upgrade : 2000.4.3a

On the Subscriber :

OS Image 2000.2.4

OS Service rel : 2000.4.3aSR9

OS Upgrade : 2000.4.3a

SQL2K SP : SP3a(1.0.6)

The SQL version is too high to allow the Publisher to be patched to SQL2k

SP3a(1.0.6).

I have also donwloaded the SQL200 SP4 upgrade and tried installing that on the

Publisher but this fails also.

I did try upgrading the OS on both the Pub and Sub to 2000.4.4a with

2000.4.4aSR6 but the CallManager upgrade still failed at the SQL2000 SP4

upgrade phase of the installation.

Has anyone seen this happen before and know a solution? All suggestions very welcome.

Keith.

6 Replies 6

master001
Level 2
Level 2

SQL SP4 should be installed AFTER CallManager4.2(3) upgrading finished.

( Please refer to SQL SP4 readme.file from cisco , not from Microsoft)

Here is the basic task order:

OS upgrade->CCM upgrade->SQL SP4 upgrade.

My suggestion:

Restore your system to CCM3.3(5) ( find your backup data)

Then upgrade again.

Hope this help.

Howard

Please rate if this helps.

( I attached part of SQL SP4 readme file as follows:

-----------------------------

SQL Server 2000 Service Pack 4 - (SQL2K-ServicePack4.1-0-3.exe)

Note: If you install SQL2K SP4 on a Cisco CallManager 3.3(5), or 4.0(2a) server,

you will not be able to upgrade the server to Cisco CallManager 4.1(2) later. If such an upgrade is required, you must upgrade the server to Cisco CallManager 4.1(2) before you install SQL2K SP4

Howard,

Thanks for your reply. SQL SP4 is upgraded automatically when you insert the 4.2(3) CM upgrade disk. I have downloaded it separately and am trying at the moment to get a more detailed log of what is happening.

TAC have also emailed a DBLHelper.exe file and suggested installing this in C:\Program files\Cisco\Bin on the Publisher, running the utility and hiting republish to sync the databases. After that runs sucessfully upgrade to 4.2(3) again.

I will keep you updated.

i have the same issue.

can you email me dblhelper?

skatal@detectionlogic.com

thanks

soheilkatal,

The only way I got round this issue was to backup the Pub and then reinstall 3.3(5)es23 (including all patches), issue a restore and then upgrade to to 4.2(3). I then went down the same upgrade path with the Sub and once at 4.2(3) resynced them.

From the install logs on the Pub it looks as if there has been a failed upgrade of SQL2000 SP4.

Unpack DBLHelper.zip and place it under C:\Program files\Cisco\Bin on Publisher. Run the Utility, Hit republish. It will take couple of minutes so wait for it to complete the job.

Hope this helps,

Keith.

Hi Keith,

Nice work here (very helpful)! 5 points all the way :)

Take care,

Rob

Rob,

Thanks.

Keith.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: