Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

callmanager upgrades

whats the opinions on how upgrades re handled.

we have a pub & 2 subs on 4.1.2, and need to upgrade to support some devices that are not available on the current system. i.e. ATA 188, 2801 Router 7941/7961 handsets.

I realise the device packages can be added fairly easy, however as we're on 4.1.2 a few releases behind, I feel that an upgrade is probably due.

However whats putting me off is the time involved in the proceedure, i.e. from what I see I need to upgrade OS, & sql as well as the ccm software.

Our maintainer who I could ask to do this, wants about 1.5 days per server, which seems excessive to me and when its three servers thats taking a lot of time.

How does anyone else schedule upgrades, comments please.

• Other Collaboration Voice and Video Subjects
1 REPLY
Blue

Re: callmanager upgrades

i've done an 8 server cluster in 24 hours, so 3 servers should take no more than 9 hours. (if you don't have any show stopping errors/issues)

definately can be done in a business day plus a bit of overtime. (or after hours which is better for the users in most cases)

must be done one server at a time, especially during the synchronizing the CCM030x database process. (publisher first then one subscriber at a time)

be sure to follow disaster recovery steps such as performing a BARS backup before starting, pulling an HDD of a RAID/Mirror set, etc.

also, have all the disks, SRs, patches, data ready to go. all these are stated in the step-by-step upgrade instructions.

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.