Views
Helpful
Replies

CallManager User configuration to disable login

joelvist
Level 1
Level 1

CallManager 3.3

Is there a way to configure users in CallManager so that they cannot be authenticated with their PIN or password? I want to be able to have users listed in CallManager so that they appear in the corporate directory, but I only want a subset of these users to be able to use the authentication capability (I have a Cisco IVR application that is integrated with CCM that verifies users against the name and PIN in CallManager).

TIA.

2 Replies 2

jasyoung
Level 7
Level 7

There isn't a direct way to disable the authorization function, that I know of, aside from changing the user's password/PIN in the directory. If you're integrated with Active Directory, I think the user could change their PIN from ccmuser given their Active Directory password, so this isn't a good general solution at all.

You imply that you have Cisco IPCC or IPCC Express. Assuming you have the proper licensing to do database dips, the right solution would be to maintain a database of authorized users. Once you've collected a username and PIN and verified it, you can then check the database to see if the authenticated username is authorized to perform the function they're invoking. If you don't have the licensing but your list of authorized users is small, you can hardcode a list in the script or make them adjustable script parameters.

Unfortuantely it is Cisco Queue Manager rather than full-blown Cisco IVR, so an alternate database isn't a possibility. While this is not a DC Directory integration, I was hoping to find something like the "ciscoprivateuser" setting to resolve this issue.

Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: