Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

CallManager Using G711 by default even though it configured for G729

We have a centralised call processing system with Call Manager3.3(2). The Call Managers are sitting in the Headquaters with 18 remote offices.

We have configured Regions and Location such that any calls within a branch will use G711 and across the branch will use G729.(over the WAN)

But when we try to call across the branch to another branch across the WAN we see its still using G711 instaed of G729.

Any help in solving the problem will be appreciated.

Thanks & Regards,

Arijit

3 REPLIES

Re: CallManager Using G711 by default even though it configured

I would double-check to ensure that the remote devices are indeed in their own Device Pool, and that each device pool has the right Region configured. This definately reeks of a Region problem, and since Regions are defined on the Device Pool, it is essential that each group of Devices is in its' own Device Pool.

During a call, you can always double-tap i/? to verify what codec is being used, the number of pps, packets lost, etc. as well.

Good luck.

Thanks for the response.I really appreciate your help.It was indeed the problem with the Device Pool settings.

Thanks Again.

I've had the same problem before, and as far as i can remember, we had to restart the phones or the callmanager after configuring regions/locations, for the settings to take effect.

All worked ok after that.

Views
Helpful
Replies