Views
Helpful
Replies

CallManger and SIP phones

ciscoVOIP7960
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All!

I have a quick question! I have two 7960 phones configured working with a CallManager. Can I add two more ip phones but use them as SIP. Please let me know!

Thanks,

Paul

8 Replies 8

a-vazquez
Level 6
Level 6

jaregalado
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

AFAIK Cisco Callmanager doesn´t support SIP phones directly (not even Cisco SIP phones), SIP is an option only with CCM trunks which connect CCM to a service provider SIP network, another Callmanager or a VoIP gateway.

If you want to use your IP phones with any other SIP compliant system then you can use the document referenced to convert the SCCP IP phones to SIP IP Phones.

Best Regards.

Hello,

You have to wait till Q1 2006 then Cisco will introduce Cisco Callmanager 5.0 which is based on Linux and will support SIP Endpoints.

Erik

What is the model for using SIP devices as endpoints. Would this be the use of a SIP Proxy? and trunk that to CallManager?

Hello,

Right now you can reach SIP IP Phones from CallManager using a SIP Proxy Server connected via a SIP Trunk to the CCM, so the SIP Phones must me registered on the SIP Proxy Server not the CallManager.

The next version of CallManager will include support for SIP endpoints, you can read more about this here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/netsol/ns340/ns394/ns165/networking_solutions_white_paper0900aecd80131325.shtml

"In Phase 3, Cisco is adding line-side support for SIP to Cisco CallManager and Cisco CallManager Express, extending SIP support to endpoints and User Agents ..."

Best Regards.

Hello,

Right now you can reach SIP IP Phones from CallManager using a SIP Proxy Server connected via a SIP Trunk to the CCM, so the SIP Phones must me registered on the SIP Proxy Server not the CallManager.

The next version of CallManager will include support for SIP endpoints, you can read more about this here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/netsol/ns340/ns394/ns165/networking_solutions_white_paper0900aecd80131325.shtml

"In Phase 3, Cisco is adding line-side support for SIP to Cisco CallManager and Cisco CallManager Express, extending SIP support to endpoints and User Agents ..."

Best Regards.

Is this just for the 5.0 version on Linux or will they also be supporting this on the Windows track?

You will have an option to install on windows or Linux.

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: