Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Calls cut off if srst goes active

HI all,

Is it normal, if srst mode goes activ, that all calls are cut off?

I have the following scenario:

One location is connected over adsl. Only signalling (callmanager) only data goes over this link. All calls go out local over the gateway that provides srst in case of wan outage. In case of wan outage the calls are cut off and the phones register on the srst gw. Does srst not provide ending the conversation and then registering the ip phones? On ccm the clearcallsWhenDataLinkGoesDown is set to FALSE. Can anybody help me with this?

Regards Marcel

• Other Collaboration Voice and Video Subjects
1 REPLY

Re: Calls cut off if srst goes active

As far as i'm aware, yes, the phones will cut after a short period of time (can't remember exact time.... 3 x keepalives??), but when the main wan link comes back up, then you can have the phones wait until the call has completed before re-registering with the CM.

However, please note the following i read:

"When the WAN link fails, calls in progress are sustained for the duration of the call. Calls in transition and calls that have not yet connected are dropped and must be reinitiated once Cisco IP phones reestablish connection to their local SRS Telephony router. Telephone service remains unavailable from the time connection to the remote Cisco CallManager is lost until the Cisco IP phone establishes connection to the SRS Telephony router."

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/access/ip_ph/srs/fallbak2.htm#xtocid0

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.