Views
Helpful
Replies

Calls dropping

rhill
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings,

Calls, IP to IP, PSTN to IP, IP to PSTN are dropping.

IP phone hears ring, sees caller id, goes off-hook and dead-air...at the remote side the PSTN caller does not hear ring. It is the same scenario when the call is IP to IP, PSTN to IP, IP to PSTN.

Rick

9 Replies 9

rhill
Level 1
Level 1

Device sequence

IP phone----CM3.08---7206h323 GW----PSTN

What version of IOS are you running on the 7206? Does this happen on ever call or just random throughout the day. Are the 7206 and the ip phones on the same vlan? Are you also saying that you cannot call from 1 ip phone to another?

Thank you,

Mike,

IOS is 12.1(5)T7

This is an intermittent problem but it does happen several times/day on random phones.

yes...ip phone --- CM-----ip phone.

From your description it sounds like you might have one or more bad DSP chips on the voice blade. You should probably open a TAC case so they can take a look at things.

Dave,

I was watching the "i" call statistics on my phone after going off hook and dialing the number and TxCnt showed packets but the RxCnt was "0" packets and after a certain period of time, approx. 10 seconds the call dropped.

At the 7206 GW I saw the call setup then drop.

What can I look at on Call manager to see if I am receiving from the 7206 GW ?

7940---CM3.0(8)---7206-----PSTN

Rick

You would need to turn on detailed tracing for CallManager and then look at the trace files. You would probably want to send them to TAC to help you decipher what is happening. Another thing you can do is open the CCM trace file with the Q.931 Translator which is in C:\Program Files\Cisco\bin

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/788/AVVID/cm_trace.html

Dave,

I upgraded the 7940 firmware to device load P003E310 and the problem appeared to have gone away..

That definitely confuses me. What firmware load was being used before this one? If you downgrade one of the phones to whatever other load, can you make the problem happen again?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: