cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Calls fwd all to unity get disconnected

tringwelski_2
Level 1
Level 1

Calls are answered correctly on RNA by unity 3.1.3, but if the user sets their phone to fwdall to unity (pilot#) the call gets disconnected.

Call Mgr 3.22c, and Unity UM, 3.1.3, centralized enviroment.

The calls are at a remote site (g729) between regions. the remote site has PRI-MGCP gateway.

Calls fwdall at central site work fine.

6 Replies 6

johutchins
Level 1
Level 1

Could it be Partition or Calling Search Space problem ?

--Jon

no calls work fine from the ip phone, and ring-no-answer calls roll fine to unity from the remote site. it is just when you call directly from the pstn to unity.

The phone uses the CSS of the device setting I believe, and the line partition and CSS are defined on the line, so if the CSS on the phone device itself was not able to call, I think what you describe might happen.

Have you tried Call Viewer on Unity to see what the call appears to be doing there ?

Yes, watch the call viewer, even traces on unity, and unity indicates it is a 729 call.

I also created a translation for an unused DID # to xlate to the pilot # of unity and ( call never hits a phone) the call drops.

Todd

Hi Todd,

It sounds like the call makes it to Unity ok, but then is disconnected after that.

If I understand correctly, incoming calls from the PSTN at a remote location are disconnected after they hit Unity, according to Call Viewer. My guess is that the MGCP GW or CallManager is disconnecting the call.

I would start by looking at CallManager traces for the MGCP messages to see which device is disconnecting. You should also be able to get an indication why the call is disconnecting, if CallManager is initiating the disconnect. "debug isdn q931" from the GW would be useful as well.

Let us know if we can help with looking at any of this info.

Kev

DMS100 mgcp BUG was the solution:

set DisableAlertingPI* to True on the CMs per CSCdz17571. Calls that are CFA are no longer dropping.