cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Calls Hanging?

trailman73
Level 4
Level 4

I have a strange scenario happening. When we make a call to a few numbers the 7940 just sits there with the number up but doesn't connect or ring. If I let it sit there for a couple of minutes it will finally connect the call. I have h.323 gateways and CCM 3.2.2spH I run a degub on the router and I can see the call going out, but it does not receive a connect or ringback message from my telco. Of course my telco says there is no problem on their end!! Surpise! Has anyone else seen this error? Gateways are 3745 and 2651xm running ios 12.2(8)T4.

Thanks,

Geoff

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

ksilva
Level 1
Level 1

You could have a few different things going on.

You could have an overlapping Route Pattern, stalling your call. So the CCM is searching for more digits. Take a look at you RP's and see what overlaps, also try hitting a # at the end of the call.

The ringback problem may be your not getting progress indicators from the router

try this out:

Try any of the following solutions:

Configure the Cisco IOS global configuration command voice call send-alert in the terminating gateway/router. This command enables the terminating gateway to send an alert message instead of a progress message after it receives a call setup.

For more information on this command refer to: Cisco IOS Voice, Video, and Fax Command Reference, Release 12.2

Upgrade the Cisco IOS Software on originating gateway/router to 12.1(3a)XI/12.1(5)T or later.

If the previous solution does not work, configure the terminating gateway to send a PI = 8 in the Alert message by configuring the command progress_ind alert enable 8 under the voice dial-peer # pots configuration. This command overrides PI value received in ISDN alert message and causes the router to cut through the audio path back towards the calling party prior to connect.

For more information on this command refer to: Cisco IOS Voice, Video, and Fax Command Reference, Release 12.2.

Note: The progress_ind alert and the progress_ind setup commands are hidden in some versions of Cisco IOS Software and may not be visible within the help parser. However, if the progress_ind progress command is available in the help parser, the above commands will also be available and can be entered into the dial peer in their entirety. These commands will subsequently appear in the running configuration.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk701/technologies_tech_note09186a0080094c33.shtml

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

ksilva
Level 1
Level 1

You could have a few different things going on.

You could have an overlapping Route Pattern, stalling your call. So the CCM is searching for more digits. Take a look at you RP's and see what overlaps, also try hitting a # at the end of the call.

The ringback problem may be your not getting progress indicators from the router

try this out:

Try any of the following solutions:

Configure the Cisco IOS global configuration command voice call send-alert in the terminating gateway/router. This command enables the terminating gateway to send an alert message instead of a progress message after it receives a call setup.

For more information on this command refer to: Cisco IOS Voice, Video, and Fax Command Reference, Release 12.2

Upgrade the Cisco IOS Software on originating gateway/router to 12.1(3a)XI/12.1(5)T or later.

If the previous solution does not work, configure the terminating gateway to send a PI = 8 in the Alert message by configuring the command progress_ind alert enable 8 under the voice dial-peer # pots configuration. This command overrides PI value received in ISDN alert message and causes the router to cut through the audio path back towards the calling party prior to connect.

For more information on this command refer to: Cisco IOS Voice, Video, and Fax Command Reference, Release 12.2.

Note: The progress_ind alert and the progress_ind setup commands are hidden in some versions of Cisco IOS Software and may not be visible within the help parser. However, if the progress_ind progress command is available in the help parser, the above commands will also be available and can be entered into the dial peer in their entirety. These commands will subsequently appear in the running configuration.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk701/technologies_tech_note09186a0080094c33.shtml

Dude, you rock!! Worked like a charm.

Thanks so much,

Geoff

Sweet!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: