cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Calls inside the the US only

rhegde
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to build the route pattern which should allow me 11 digit dialing in US only. Is it possible using some route filter option ?. I want to exclude International calling which also uses NANP.

3 Replies 3

gshonting
Level 1
Level 1

the simplest route pattern to use is 9.1xxxxxxxxxx (10x's) (assuming 9 is your access code). Don't mess with the whole 9.@/route filter, way too complicated.

discard pre-dot

I want to restrict the international calls such as calls to Carebian, or south america which also uses 11 digit dialing and allow only calls with in United states.

unfortunately, the canadian, carribean, and other area codes are mixed in pretty well with the US area codes.

A not so elegant way to do what you want -- but it works -- is to create a route pattern for each of the other country area codes & choose the "block this pattern" option...

You can get a current list of area codes under NANP from http://www.nanpa.com/ -- somewhere under the "numbering resources" section you can download an access database of all area codes. I counted about 80 or so non-us in use codes in the list -- if you stare at it long enough, you might be able to find some patterns to condense the number of blocked route patterns down a little.

so a route pattern would look like: 9.1264xxxxxxx and you'd choose to block that pattern. 264 is Anguilla, for instance.

All this is assuming you can't or don't want your PSTN provider to block those calls for you -- you might be able to hand them a list of area codes & tell them you don't want anyone making calls to those area codes. In that case, you would just have one route pattern that you route -- 9.1XXXXXXXXXX -- and if the users dial somewhere they shouldn't, the telco will drop it for you...

John

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: