cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Calls not forwarded to voicemail

bkost
Level 1
Level 1

We are running Unity 3.0, and it has been working fine. Today however calls to a subscriber are not being forwarded to voicemail, but instead are going directly to the opening greeting. We are configured with a serial integration to a Nortel PBX

6 Replies 6

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

First thing to do here is to figure out what we're getting from the switch in the way of integration information... if you pop open the Call Viewer application it'll show how incoming information is broken down into calling number, forwarding number etc... I strongly suspect we're not getting accurate data here and we're then routing the call to the opening greeting as a result.

Once you establish that you can look at the integration monitor to see what raw serial data we're getting from the Nortel and start breaking it down from there... folks like Steve or Eric will have to help you with the details of the serial parsing stuff, however, if it's a matter of ill formatted strings or the like.

Looking at the Call Viewer the information I'm getting is Origin (External), Reason (Direct), Trunk ID (-1), Port ID (2). The Dialed Number, Calling Number and Forwarding Station are all blank. In the Integration Monitor I'm getting Origin, Reason, Calling Number, and Forwarding Ext information, Trunk and Dialed Number are blank. The first entry is Incoming reason Call Forward No Answer, then I get Fwd(Ring no answer) with the calling number extension and Forwarding Ext filled in. The Calling Number is filled in with the extension I am calling from, and the Forwarding Ext is filled in with the extension I'm trying to call.

Thanks

Thanks for that info. The fact that the integration monitor shows two entries is normal, don't worry about that.

When you make the test call, check to see if the port number in the call viewer matches that of the port in the integration monitor.

If the numbers do not match, it sounds like the phone lines into the voice board are crossed. If the numbers do match, check to see what integration type the system key is set for.

The Port ID I'm getting in the Integration Monitor is 2, and the Port ID in the Call Viewer is 4. Does this mean the physical phone lines into the card are crossed?

Thanks

Precisely. It happens all the time : )

OK, I straightened the wires out and we're jammin, Thanks for the help!