Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

calls not using cti ports

Hi,

I am running ip ivr 3.5 and its working fine. But when a call comes from outside it hits then ivr msg is played but when this msg playing is going on then if some other call is coming then it shows engaged.

but from internally if we dial everything is working fine.

i have 10 cti ports which is bind with the jtapi user used in ivr. i also have a cti route point xxxx on which the call is landing.

what i want is my main board number shld not come engaged anytime.

required help.

Thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES

Re: calls not using cti ports

You will get busy after 10 calls. If you can get more ports( License) then you may reduce the possibility of getting busy.

But there is always a physical limit on when the caller is going to get busy

you can als your service provider to playa messgae when all your trunks are busy

thanks for the reply. its fine that i will get busy after 10 busy calls but i am getting busy after the 1st call itself. thats where my query is.

from the configuration point of view everything is working fine.

where can the problem be ?

Cisco Employee

Here are some ideas of what you can check:

- Make sure the GW CSS contains the partition assigned to all CTI Ports.

- Make sure there is no forwarding configured for the CTI Ports

- Make sure the G.711 codec can be used with all CTI Ports, ie, if they are configured differently make sure the Region config allows for G.711 between the CTI Port Region and the GW Region or a transcoder is available

Kevin

Also try to see if you are seeing the second call on the gateway and do a debug and see what happenes.

Views
Helpful
Replies