Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

calls transferred out of Unity have caller ID of "Voicemail"

I have received reports from a receptionist at one of my customers that intermittently she will receive calls where the caller ID shows "<voice mail port DN> from Voicemail". So far, every time she picks up one of those calls, it is just dead air. I looked through the CM traces and it shows where Unity is transferring the call to her extension with a callerID of the voice mail port instead of the callerID of the original caller. I did not see anywhere in the traces where Unity was passing the original callerID to CallManager. It had been quite some time since this had happened and then this morning it happen three times in about an hour from three different numbers.

The ports that this is happening on are only configured to answer calls. What I am not sure about is whether Unity sends the caller ID for the DN of the port or whether CallManager sees the call coming in on a certain port and inserts the callerID by itself. In either case, what would prevent Unity from sending the callerID of the original party? I know the original callerID is coming in from the PSTN because I can see it in the CM trace.

1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

Re: calls transferred out of Unity have caller ID of "Voicemail"

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content