cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CallViewer - Failed to get Arbiter component.

dwstefan
Level 1
Level 1

When I execute the callviewer utility, I receive the following error message - Failed to get Arbiter component. I'm not a software developer, however it seems like either a DLL may not be registered, or it is registered incorrectly. We're running Unity 2.4.6.135.<br><br>

2 Replies 2

Not applicable

well, if the arbiter were really not flying Unity wouldn't be taking calls (this is the guy that handles all call threads that are given out to the conversations and processes the inbound call routing rules all calls go through).

could be a permissions thing... try logging into the box as the Unity service account (the guy you installed Unity 2.x with) and run it... do you still get the same error? Can you run other utilities like Integration Monitor or Status Monitor?

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Technical Lead/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

I had the same problem when I logged in as "administrator" and the account "unity" that the AvDSAD and AvDSGlobalCatalog services run as. However, when I log in with the account "uadmin" that is associated with the Unity Installer account, Call Viewer works. Does the account I try to run Call View as have to be a Unity administrator? What permissions would this affect, Windows or Unity?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: