cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can an agent answer calls for more than one CSQ

m.balastik
Level 1
Level 1

I am running IP ICD 3.0(2) Enhanced with CM 3.2(2c) es 73. Here is what I am trying to accomplish...

Clients will call into one of two numbers. Depending on which number is called will determine which group of agents the call will be directed to. The group of agents (full time and part time staff) can answer the calls for both numbers. That is if the number called is A then the full time staff will answer the call, if there are no full time staff available then the part time staff answers the call. If number B is called, then the part time staff will answer the call and if there aren't any part time staff available then the full time staff will answer the call. The part time and full time staff are part of the same group of agents and are logged in at the same time (act as over flow for each other), just who gets selected first changes. They are part of the same CSQ.

Any assistance is appreciated.

Monica

5 Replies 5

aslam
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

You can achieve this using the Skill Groups. An agent can be a member of more than one skill group.

You can create two skill groups called fulltime and parttime. In the full time SG, add the fulltime users with high priority and the part time users with low priotiry and vice-versa for the parttime users.

Now when the calls come to the CSQ, the CSQ tries to see if a high prioriy agent is available, if agent is available he/she is selected, if not it looks for the low priority agents and tries to select on from them, if no one is avialable the call is queued, and which ever agent gets free .. gets the call.

Hope that helps

Aslam.

What you describe I did and it works to a point. The thing that gets in the way of this working 100% is the Resource Selection Criteria for the CSQ. From the testing that I did, I see that the Resource Selection Criteria is done first before the call is routed to the high priority agent so if an agent that is of lower priority is available and has the longest availability time then the call is actually routed to them. I can also see this happening with the other options for Resource Selection Criteria, though I have not tested this. I'm not sure at this point of how to get around this.

Monica

Unfortunately the skill levels assigned to an agent do not meen the agent with a higher skill gets the calls first. All the skill levels do currently is qualify an agent for a CSQ. This will work in CRS/ICD 3.1. For example

Agent 1

English - 10

Spanish - 5

Agent 2

Spanish - 10

English - 5

If you use the Resource Skills for selection criteria you want Agent 1 to get all English calls if he is available. This won't work until 3.1 which is due out very shortly.

What you can do is get reporting statistics for your queues to find out if are agents available in your various queues. Your logic could be something like this:

Agents available in my first choice queue?

-Yes? Handle the call normally

-No? Check to see if there are agents available in your second choice queue. If there are agents available, send the call to your second choice queue. If there are none available, stick them at the back of the line in your first choice queue.

You can extend this logic to apply to any number of cascading queues.

Thanks to everyone for their suggestions. The last reply is the logic that I will be applying to the script.

Monica

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: