Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can CCM 3.2 support multiple unity?

We are designing an Avvid solution for customer.

Can CCM 3.2 support multiple unity? How does that work?

Thanks

4 REPLIES
Gold

Re: Can CCM 3.2 support multiple unity?

Yes it can. The feature is called Voice Mail Profile. Check out this URL for configuration information:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00800cde9d.html

Thanks,

Keith

Thanks. But it's not very clear on that documeatation. Let me ask a very simple question to make it easy for me to understand.

1. If I have 2 Unity and 1 CCM, do I have to create 2 pilots number (let's say A and B)so that pilot A for unity A and pilot B for Unity B.

2. If user A is registered in Unity A and User B is registered in Unity B. When User A press message button how CCM knows it should go to which Unity, based on what?

Thanks

Gold

The answer to number 1 is yes. Each Unity server will get its own pilot number.

For number 2, each Voice Mail Profile contains a reference to the pilot number. Each phone is assign to a specific Voice Mail Profile. So the phone maps to the Voice Mail Profile and the Voice Mail Profile contains a reference to the pilot number.

Does that help?

Hello -

There are several configuration locations in CallManager for setting the VoiceMail Profile:

1. Under Features - Voicemail Pilot, create a pilot number for your first Unity server. That is the number of your first Unity port, i.e. ours is 1001. Make sure the CSS is the same as those defined for your Unity ports. The Voice Mail Pilot is comprised of the Voice Mail Pilot Number and it's corresponding Calling Search Space Name

2. Under Features - Voicemail Profile, create a profile that matches the pilot number you created in step 1.

3. Under Device - Phone - Directory Number configuration, select the name of the Voicemail profile you created in step 2.

These steps determine what number gets dialed when the user with the matching DN presses the MESSAGES button.

Hope this helps!

Sincerely, Ginger

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content