Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Can delete a specific subscriber

Unity 3.1.5 in mixed mode with exchange 5.5 and 2000

I'm trying to delete a subcriber and SA seems to do it, but in the event log, I get the following logs

Error: Event ID 31003

Last Category An error occurred in attempting to remove 615f0ffcf1adc8439eeb49f29b79e01b from the directory.

Warning : Event ID 101

Assertion failed: SUCCEEDED(hr) in File: e:\views\cs_UE3.1.4.39\un_Core1\AvXML\BusinessLogicManager\AvBusinessLogicManager.cpp at Line: 3219

Dbwalker returns no errors or warnings

Any idea how to fix this?

Thanks

-Boris

10 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Can delete a specific subscriber

First, be sure to include the event source as well as the event ID - you need both to uniquely identify an event log message. It's usually best to just use the "copy" button in the event log viewer and get everyting in one shot when posting event log messages.

My first guess here would be this particular user is one we can't update in the directory properly for whatever reason with the account assigned to the directory facing accounts. I'd download the latest Directory Access Diagnostic version (DAD) from here:

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/App_DAD.htm

log in as the directory facing account and see if you're allowed to update that user - if not we can't remove them as a subscriber since it requires we be able to blank out a few properties on their directory account...

I can't get DAD to start

It returns the following error message.

You are currently logged as DOMAIN\Accountname

Tha DAD tool requires that you log in as the account that is configured to run the AvDSAD service : DOMAIN\accountname.

But this is the account I'm currently logging as so I can't run that tool. I still can't delete the subscriber under this account either.

here are the full event logs description

Event Type: Error

Event Source: DalDb_MC

Event Category: Startup

Event ID: 31003

Date: 8/4/2003

Time: 2:00:49 PM

User: N/A

Computer: SMTO-UNITYVM-02

Description:

Last Category An error occurred in attempting to remove 615f0ffcf1adc8439eeb49f29b79e01b from the directory.

Event Type: Warning

Event Source: AvCs_MC

Event Category: None

Event ID: 101

Date: 8/4/2003

Time: 2:00:49 PM

User: N/A

Computer: SMTO-UNITYVM-02

Description:

Assertion failed: SUCCEEDED(hr) in File: e:\views\cs_UE3.1.4.39\un_Core1\AvXML\BusinessLogicManager\AvBusinessLogicManager.cpp at Line: 3219

Cisco Employee

I'm not sure I understand you here - you say you are logged in as the account associated with the AvDSAD service and it's till giving you that error? Or you can't log in as that account and therefore can't run the tool?

I'm logged in as the account associated with the AvDSAD service and I am getting the error message , which doesn't make sense.

Cisco Employee

Are you running the latest DAD version off www.CiscoUnityTools.com? Are you running via WTS or something similiar?

Running direclty from the server, No WTS. using version 1.2.07 , downloaded today from CiscoUnityTools.com

I've just tried DAD on a different 3.1.5 server we have at a different site but servicing the same exchange site, and got the same error message. So it doesn't seem to be server related but more like a permission or active directory issue.

-boris

Cisco Employee

Chatting with the developer who made DAD, he suggested this:

===========

The only time I've seen anything like this was because the service control manager returned the logon name for the service in some format other than Domain\Name.

I've seen SCM return Name@Domain.com, for example, and our comparison to the Domain\Name we get from the logged in user's token fails.

They should check in the SCM to see what format the logon account name is. I'm guessing it will be something other than Domain\Name.

The logon account specified for the AvDSAD is entered as username@domain.com.

I will change it to be domain\name.

What is this service being used for.

Can it be stopped and restarted without affecting users.

Otherwise I'll have to wait later tonight to try the change.

-Boris

DAD is working after switching to the DOMAIN\username logon format.

I ran the tests on the suscriber I can't delete and the only one that failed is for the ciscoEcsbuAlternateDTMFIdsOrder property which doesn't seem to be part of the delete problem.

-Boris

Views
Helpful
Replies