cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can I have 2 different company directories appear on the same IP Phone?

RON ROYSTON
Level 1
Level 1

I want to be able to press the "directories" button and see 2 different directories. I have 2 distinct comapnies that wish to do 4 or 5 digit internal dialing over a leased line and also share one anothers directories. If I add their users statically to my directory, then moves, adds and changes are difficult to maintain. I want to point each directory to it's respective publisher. Is this possible? Thanks a million.

2 Replies 2

dweiner
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The easiest way to do this is to create an IP phone service that points at the remote directory. To do this, create a phone service under Feature-Cisco IP Phone Service using the remote directory URL. This should be :

http://remote_server_address/CCMCIP/xmldirectory.asp

Subscribe phones to this service (or have them subscribe through user pages) and they can hit the services button and then select whatever you called this service, then conduct their search.

If you want all to appear under the Directories button then you have to create your own web page(s) for the Directories URL, which is more involved. You'd have to create your own page, have the xmldirectory.asp functionality included, along with the remote directory, and assign it as your Directories URL in Enterprise Parameters. Not horribly difficult, I don't think, for someone familiar with creating web pages/scripts, but not something I've done before.

Awesome. Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: