cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can I limit duration of a call ?

lpena05073
Level 1
Level 1

I have CCM 3.2 and gateway Router 3745 (ver 12.3 (4T)) and I need limit the duration of call to 2 hrs for user. In this moment I have to calls of 17 hrs impossible of do.

6 Replies 6

irisrios
Level 6
Level 6

I dont think so, you can limit the call duration, once it is setup. Once the call is established then the callmanager is passive to the call unless, you initiate any supplementary services. Hence there is no way the call can be purposely disconnected midway. The call can be disconnected via a disconnect message. Is there any way to do this?

Not sure that you won’t this, but there is the possibility to divvied the call on the phone

Forward no answer

Forward Busy

There is a global parameter to set how many rings you prefer before it is forwarding the calls. Look in SERVICE PARAMETER and pick your callmanager and look for the ‘Forward NoAnswer Timer default is 12 sec by every 3 sec you increase the ring by one or decrease.

Hope it helps

I see "Forward NoAnswer" but this not limit to duration of call. I need to down all the call a the 2 hrs of conversation...

ckatene
Level 3
Level 3

your only option is to implement call control via CTI or JTAPI. so that means application development - but it's really not that difficult. a JTAPI application can register for events from the phones in question, and when it gets notification that a call has been established it starts a timer. at the expiry of the timer it can then terminate or redirect the call, which might be a cleaner way of disconnecting.

do you have someone who can do this sort of development for you? it would only take a day or two.

callum

Regrettably I don't have a person for that task...

this is our business, so if you would like to chat about the possibility of engage us to do it, send me an email at callum@nzice.com

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: