Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Can I make a call handler appear in the directory

All,<br><br>I've created some call handlers for non-unity subscribers, so that the Auto-Attendant can forward the calls to them. This works fine, and I have had good success with this.<br><br>However, I want to be able to include these non-unity subscribers in the searchable directory (i.e. Press 4 for a directory by last name). Currently, this only lists subscribers to unity. Is it possible for it to list call handers as well?<br><br>It's Unity 2.4.6.135 and Call Manager 3.0.11<br><br>Thanks in advance,<br><br>Ian Pattison<br>Head of IT<br><br><br>

7 REPLIES
Anonymous
N/A

Re: Can I make a call handler appear in the directory

You'll want to use Internet Subscribers for these guys, not call handlers. Internet Subscribers don't use a local message store and don't cost you a user license... They can be used in the alpha directory, appear in Exchange (they are Custom Recipeints in 5.5, contacts in 2K) and can also be used to send messages to remote users via SMTP if desired. You can record greetings and voice names for them and they have all the same contact rules (transfer stuff) that regular subscribers do, just no local message store.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Anonymous
N/A

Thanks Jeff. However I can't see how to add an Internet Subscriber.

Where should I look?

Thanks,

Ian.

Anonymous
N/A

Go to the subscriber page and hit the add button. You should see a radio button option on there for creating internet subscribers there...

Jeff Lindborg
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com

Anonymous
N/A

Got it! Thanks.

Duh! :-)

Anonymous
N/A

Jeff,

Sorry for this. I've set the Internet Subscriber up, and set the transfer options, extension number etc, and all is working fine, except, the Internet Subscriber does not get listed in the "Directory by last names" (the Alpah Directory?).

I have checked that the "List in Phone Directory" has a tick (is Checked), and I have reset unity completely (stopped service and then restarted the entire Unity box).

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Ian Pattison

Anonymous
N/A

To be available to outside callers in the alpha directory, the subscriber (internet or otherwise) must have that "list in directory" set AND have a voice name recorded. Subscriber can address to these guys even if they don't have voice names recorded but for list presentation reasons we wont list folks that don't have names recorded to outside callers.

Jeff Lindborg
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com

Anonymous
N/A

Again, Thanks.

That is now working correctly, and I am happy to roll out to end users.

Thanks,

Ian.

Views
Helpful
Replies