Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Can I nest Calling Search Spaces?

Is there any way to have multiple levels of Calling Search Spaces? I need phones to be able to call a large number of partitions, and I'm running up against the 512 character CSS limit.

Thanks, Randy

• Other Collaboration Voice and Video Subjects
7 REPLIES

Re: Can I nest Calling Search Spaces?

Not really. Probaly will be good feature recomendation for Cisco

Worth putting a feature request...

all you can do now is limiting the partition names,

make them as short as possible, ie use HEX formats

at the end, you do have the description fields available

Hall of Fame Super Silver

Perhaps using the device/line approach for defining Classes of Service will eliminate the need for that many CSSs and partitions in your design.

Chris

Thanks for the replies. I have 250 remote branch offices, each has it's own partition. The central office needs to be able to call all of the branch offices. The dial plan has the first 3 digits as the office code, and the last 2 as the phone DN at that office. I am thinking of trying to group them by the first few digits of the DN, then build a translation pattern that will point to another CSS

For example, suppose I have 3 offices, 110xx, 111xx, and 112xx. I make a translation pattern 11xxx that points to a new CSS that has those 3 partitions in it. The translation pattern belongs to the All Internal Phones PT.

Will this work?

Thx, Randy

Hall of Fame Super Silver

Seems like a clever hirerachical design. I don't see why it would not work. Let us know!

Chris

I am getting a lot of Event Viewer Errors: "DeviceTransientConnection- Transient connection attempt". on the Event Logs like every 5seconds. I have these error messages from both My Publisher and Subscriber.Please help. How can I resolve this?

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.