Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Can I "pool" multiple E1 interfaces ?

I have configured a number of routers from the same config, all with a single e1 interface. I now want to apply the same config to a router that has two e1 interfaces. It should effectively work in the same way - just that I need 60 channels rather than 30. This is 2821 configured as an h323 gateway. It has 2 seperate e1 interfaces (not the 2 ports on the same card).

I have a number of outgoing dial-peers that reference the single e1 interface (port 0/0/1:15). In order to use any of the 60 channels in the same way, do I need to duplicate all these dial-peers so I can also specify the other interface (port 0/0/2:15) aswell ? Or is there some way I can "group"/"pool" these interfaces so I can refer to the "group" with a single occurence of the dial-peer rather than having to duplicate them ? ie have the dial peer reference "port [e1 group]" etc. ?

I understand that if I was using 1 e1 for incoming and 1 e1 for outgoing calls, for example, this would also probably reduce the amount of replication, but this would not quite give me the flexibility I am looking for.

Any help would be much appreciated.

1 REPLY
Silver

Re: Can I "pool" multiple E1 interfaces ?

You can create a trunk group with the two E1 ports and use it as a single entity within your dial-peer.

Use the command "trunk-group" under cas-custom configuration to group both E1's.

Use the command "trunk-group" under the dial-peer to send calls via the two E1's

Regards,

Anup

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content