cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can I use BTXML in a CallManager Environment?

aquina
Level 1
Level 1

I have been trying to find a way to open a service on an incomming call to display a picture of the caller as shown in:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_ipphon/english/ipp7960/addprot/mgcp/bxtml.htm#98342

Currently my Cisco IP 7960 phones are connected to Cisco CallManager 3.2 and when I try to open a service that points to a file containing BTXML, I get a parse error. I have seen that MGCP IP Phones support BTXML. Is MGCP a different infrastructure, meaning that I wouldn't be able to use a MGCP phone with the CallManager, or is it some sort of upgrade/ change I need to make to the phones?

If I am unable to use BTXML, is there any way to open a service on an incomming call event and/or access callerID using Cisco IP Phone XML Objects?

thanks

1 Reply 1

jshepard
Level 4
Level 4

BTXML is only supported on the SIP and MGCP phone loads. They run completely different software than our skinny phones. The future of BTXML is up in the air right now, and it may not get significantly enhanced as we move forward. My suggestion is to use the new IP Phone SDK to design another way to accomplish you objectives.