cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can Microsoft Access be a enterprise database ?

shouyisun
Level 1
Level 1

You know when caller call in and enter member ID, ICD will query the database to get the related memeber information, like email adress to present to agents. Customer wants Microsoft Acess as that database .But I only see DB get/DB read under database palette from that editor, it seems those commands are only for SQL if you click the property of it. Does anybody know that those SQL commands can also be used for MIcrosoft Access? Thanks

3 Replies 3

gilherreras
Level 1
Level 1

Supported DB's are: IBM DB2, MS SQL, Oracle, or Sybase are the currently supported databases.

Thanks. if use SQL, is there way that agent can update SQL database on the fly? For example, when agent assign a ticket number to the caller, how can the agent put this ticket number into database? Do we need a third party frontend software?

Yes if you are talking about DB roputing yes MS access can be used you can use any database that SQL complient, the thing I would watch is the engine and speed for responce to the routing request, If you need any more info let me know

Regards

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: