cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can no longer acces the admin or user page

rdubo
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Call Manager in version 3.1.3a with Win OS 2000.2.1 I want to upgrae the OS to version 2000.2.4 but after the installation I was no longer able to access the ccmAdmin or ccmUser pages...

Does someone have an idea?

Regards

5 Replies 5

azam_anwar
Level 2
Level 2

What error do you get?

Have you ensured that the www publishing/iis services are running?

Have you tried resolving by ip address and hostname?

I recieve a HTTP 500 error. I've tried to use the IP address of the CCM.

If you have been through all the usual problems such as ensuring the iis and www services are running AND CCM appears to be working without problems (apart from the one you have raised) then I think I know what the issue is.

This is Cisco's fault on the upgrade- they clearly haven't fully tested the upgrade properly.

Firstly tell me what errors in event viewer you are seeing- go to 'system' event logs, do you see any errors with the source= 'DCOM' or 'W3SVC'? If so proceed...

What you will need to do is from your call manager go to 'start'- 'administrative tools' - 'computer management'. Under 'system tools' - 'users' you should see two accounts- IWAM... and IUSR... Make a note of these accounts.

Now go to start-admin tools-component services-computers-my computer-COM+ Applications-IIS CCMAdmin.

Right click in the left hand panel the line with ...IIS CCMadmin.... Go to properties and click the identity tab. Verify that the username being used matches the one you have a made a note of in the first step. e.g. IWAM_Guest.

I suspect that they are different, if so change back to IWAM_Guest from IWAM_Spirian in Component Services- restart IIS and WWW services and let me know.

You will need to do this for all the web sites including CCMUSER- but first try with CCMADMIN and see if it works.

Yes you are right, the user in COM+ Applications are not the same as in the Local Users and Groups. But I also noticed that all IIS Identity in the COM+ Applications are replaced with IWAM_cisco....

Do you think we have to change every identity?

did changing the user in ccmadmin back to the "real" user and restarting the iis/www services fix the problem?

IF it does fix the problem then I would change every identity (as opposed to changing/creating the actual user account to IWAM_cisco) since this might cause other problems.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: