Cisco Support Community
Community Member

Can not add users through SAWEB

I am having trouble adding users to a new unity 3.1.4 install. It was working fine but now it is not, so the question is what changed? I can log in to the unity box fine, I can log into the domain fine, I checked the event log and it confirms that I am logging into the Domain, not just logging in under a cashed user. However when I go to add someone through Unity it says an unexpected windows problem exist, failed to add user. So then I go to exchange administrator that is on unity, and I go to add someone I get Failed to Contact windows NT Domain, I go to the site name and click on properties then permissions to confirm I have Admin Rights I get the same message.

But if I goto thier exchange server I can add people and then inport them into unity. I ran the permission wizard and I seemed to have enough rights to do everything

Any Ideas?

Community Member

Re: Can not add users through SAWEB

Is there DNS addresses mentioned in the unity server, just confirmed that you are able to resolve the domain name,

Community Member

Re: Can not add users through SAWEB

I think we found the issue, the LDAP port number was changed to 379 on the install, however it still registered 389 in the unity Registry settings, so we changed that, but we have to reboot the server which we cannot do until tonight. Hopefully that works.

CreatePlease to create content