cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can Not Delete User

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

I have a user profile that reports "Unable to load call handler associated with the subscriber HSweeney. The subscriber's data is incomplete and the subscriber is therefore invalid".<br><br>I have tried to dele the user, but I am not able to do so. The system just hangs for an extended period of time. When control returns the user is still present with the same problem.<br><br>

3 Replies 3

Not applicable

Not sure what version you're running, but it sounds like the primary call handler for the subscriber got deleted or damaged in some way. The best approach here would be to remove the Unity properties from that Exchange user and reimport them into Unity again(which will create a new primary call handler for them in the process).

The only way to do this (other than actually deleting the Exchange user which I assume you don't want to do) is to use DOHPropTest which requires a password. You'll want to get on the horn to support to help you out with that.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect
Cisco Systems
jlindborg@activevoice.com
http://members.home.net/jlindborg

Not applicable

Jeff,

I am running 2.4. I only have 3 call handlers. This user should be assigned to Opening Greeting, as are most of my users. I do not have this problem with any of the others assigned to this call handler.

Why can't I just delete the user and reimport?

Not applicable

I'm not real sure what you mean by your users are assigned to the opening greeting... you don't assign users to handlers like that. The opening greeting can have one owner and one recipient (usually the same user...) but you can't have multiple subscribers linked to a call handler. Unless I'm misunderstanding you here?

Primary call handlers are hidden... each subscriber is made up of two part: Their exchange email account (of course) and a primary call handler which stores their extension, transfer numbers, on key dialing, greeting etc... these have most of the same components as regular call handlers but they are hidden (i.e. they don't show up in the SA in the call handlers pages).

The user deletion process first looks for this primary call handler and tried to delete it... if it can't find one or there's something not right about it, I'm guessing the deletion process is failing entirely and it just jumps out. This is pretty unusual, but someone in support should be able to quickly help you out using DOHPropTest to get "under the covers" and check out what's wrong (I'm kind of curious to know what state the primary call handler is in or if it exists at all.)

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect
Cisco Systems
jlindborg@activevoice.com
http://members.home.net/jlindborg