Helpful
Replies

Can not display envelope on 2nd line.

j.sillers
Level 5
Level 5

Hi, just upgraded from CM 3.1.4 to CM 3.3.3

Still Running Unity 3.1.5 (v-mail only)

I had several phones configured prior to the upgrade with the following line/v-mail definitions (rmember this was prior to v-mail profiles)

Line 1 3380 w/ v-mail 3380

Line 2 13380 w/ v-mail 3380

Line 3 23380 w/ v-mail 3400 (a CTI Route Point for a help line)

7960 for similar employee

Line 1 3379 w/ v-mail 3379

Line 2 13379 w/ v-mail 3379

Line 3 23379 w/ v-mail 3400 (a CTI Route Point for a help line)

This allowed me to have the Help Line envelope display on various people who were responsible for checking the line but it also freed them from the restrictions of a shared line on 3 and it gave me the flexibility to give this option to different people without affecting the help Line.

Now that i have upgraded to CM 3.3.3 I have to use v-mail profiles and even after I create a profile for 3400, I still can not get the envelope to appear on the given lines.

Questions:

1. Can I get this to work again?

2. Should I have set this up differently?

thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

jasyoung
Level 7
Level 7

I'm not sure I understand how this was working before, but the most correct way to flip MWI status on other extensions is to just tell Unity about them. If you go to the Help Line subscriber in Unity and then go to the Messages screen, you should see a spot where you can hit 'Add' to add an extension for which you would like to flip MWI on and off for this mailbox. Add your 23379 and 23380 extensions here. You may already have an 'X' entry here; you can probably leave it alone. 'X' in this context means "the extension of this subscriber", so this is how Unity by default lights the MWI of the subscriber's phone. You can add up to 10 extensions for notification.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

jasyoung
Level 7
Level 7

I'm not sure I understand how this was working before, but the most correct way to flip MWI status on other extensions is to just tell Unity about them. If you go to the Help Line subscriber in Unity and then go to the Messages screen, you should see a spot where you can hit 'Add' to add an extension for which you would like to flip MWI on and off for this mailbox. Add your 23379 and 23380 extensions here. You may already have an 'X' entry here; you can probably leave it alone. 'X' in this context means "the extension of this subscriber", so this is how Unity by default lights the MWI of the subscriber's phone. You can add up to 10 extensions for notification.

Perfect! That's what I needed.

I guess I was using a hole in CM 3.1.4

thanks again