Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Can not forward transfered calls

Call Manager 4.1/Unity system.

All calls come in on a DID - 8457, which is handled by a Call handler. If the caller presses 0 for operator, the call is transfered to 1550 (operator). No answer forwards to 1551(2nd operator), no answer to that forwards to 1465 (3rd operator). If still no answer, goes to Operator Voicemail. If the call is answered at 1550, we can transfer to any extension, no probelm. If either of the 2 other extensions (1551 or 1465) picks up and trys to transfer the call, it rings, and appears to be going into voicemail, but promptly goes to a busy signal. If the end user picks up before VM picks up, it just goes to busy sooner, and the call is lost?

Any help would be so appreaceted

Tom

10 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Red

Re: Can not forward transfered calls

Hi Tom,

What happens if you take Unity out of the equation, and just dial 1550 directly? When it FNA's to 1551 or 1465 can they transfer the call or is it the same problem?

I'm just trying to narrow down if this is a Transfer setting in the Unity Call Handler (like Release to switch vs Supervised Transfer) or something in CCM.Let us know.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Please remember to rate helpful posts......

If I dial 1550 directly, it can be forwarded. If it auto transfers to 1551 and 1465, then it can also be forwarded. The issue only appears to be happening when someone dials into 8457, presses "0" which transfers to 1550. 1550 can transer. 1551 and 1465 can not.. when they do, the the person transfering the call hears a busy signal, when the end user picks up or unity picks up. The call is then dropped.

Try creating SEPARATE voicemail profiles for the 1551 and 1465, using their respective DNs in the voice mail box mask and assign each of these VM profiles to the respective lines in question. This seems kind of sticky, but the Unity is sensing a "multi-tenant" or "shared-line" environment with the call transfer flow you are using. I ran into this at a client site awhile back and this fix seemed to help. The other OBVIOUS workaround you could do is just create a BROADCAST hunt group instead, with all of the attendant DNs in the group. One more thing....if I were you, I would upgrade all the way to Unity 4.0.5 if you already haven't. Any revision LESS than that is rather flaky at BEST!

Good Luck and let me know if you need more detailed steps on these workarounds.

Okay.. gotcha on the Unity box.. Also, My unity is already at 4.0(5). I mustve fat fingered previous post..lol

Will try the mailbox and report back.. and hopefully close this thread.

Check Call Manager Service parameters under Clusterwide parameters feature forward. Check "Forward Maximum Hop Count" and "Max Forward Hops to DN". Default is 12, see if this has been altered.

Checked, it is set to 12, however, I also noticed that the forward no answer is set to 12 seconds, but it also says that if it is lower then 12, it could cause busy signals. The Forward No Answer is set to 10 seconds in the phone configuration.. could this be causing it.. I need to increase the No Answer Forward to 12 seconds?

More detailed information regarding my setup: Maybe I just setup something wrong... Call manager 4.1.Unity 4.5. T1 coming into a Cisco 2801. Main incoming line is XXX.XXX.8457. I have one CTI Route Point assigned Directory assigned 8457, forward all to Voicemail is checked. Max calls 10/Busy 10.

In unity, I have a call manager (Cleveland Auto Attendant) which is set to extension 8457. Transfer incoming calls? = No (send directly to this handler's greeting). Greeting has our general greeting.. press 1 for xxx press 2 for xxx.. Press o for Operator). (pressing 0 forwards to 1550)

I have 1 phone setup with 1550 as line 1 and 1551 as line 2) I have a second phone setup with 1551 as line2 (backup operator) and a 3rd phone (1465) as a 2nd backup.

If 1550 rings more then 10 seconds, it forwards to 1551 (Operator and 2nd operator have a chance to answer) If still not answered after another 10 seconds it forwards to 1465 as a final try at answering. If after 10 seconds at 1465 it still isn't answered, it goes to the Voice Mail box for 1550 (Operator Voicemail).

Now if the operator picks up on 1550 she can transfer the call wherever she wants. If it gets to 1551, and she (or backup #1) attempts to transfer the call, receiving phone rings. If someone picks up, there is nobody there, and the caller on the end hears a busy signal. If nobody answers the phone, it goes to the subscribers voice mail. It rings the correct number of times, but as soon as unity picks up the phone (voicemail) the caller gets a busy signal. The same happens if the call gets forwarded to 1465.(2nd backup operator). Now If when the call gets transfered by any of the operators when the call gets to 1551 or 1465, if the user picks up before the operator presses the transfer button, the call goes through. If the operator simply presses transfer, extension, transfer, the phone rings, and as soon as it answers the caller gets a busy number and is placed in limbo.. (who the heck knows where the poor caller is) Same goes for Voicemail. If the operator attempts to transfer a call, and voice mail picks up.. As long as the operator waits until she actually hears the voice on the voicemail before transfering, the call will go through. If she just presses transfer, ext, transfer, and voicemail attempts to pickup after 3 rings it gives the caller a busy signal, and the call goes to lala land. whewe hope that helps somebody help me.

Bronze

recreate scenario that is not working and perform a debug on the voice gateway- voice ccapi inout, vpm signal, and voice vtsp and post it. lets see exactly what is happening to narrow it down. try and do this debug with this call alone coming in. may have to do it after hours.

Here is the log... I hope it is what you were looking for.

Has this issue been solved for you yet? I have this same issue going on and need to solve it.

Views
Helpful
Replies