Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Can not place calls over gatekeeper controlled ICT

I have two call manager clusters. Both are running version 3.3.3 sr 3. I have a gatekeeper controlled intercluster trunk defined between them. I am unable to get calls placed across the ICT.

Both call managers are registered with the gatekeeper (Cisco IOS based). When I try to place the call the originating CCM sends an ARQ to the gatekeeper (GK) to verify bandwidth. The GK responds with an ACF. The originating CCM then contacts the destination CCM, but I never see the destination CCM contact the GK and the call fails. More accurately, the call eventually gets placed via alternate routing over the PSTN.

Here is some additional information regarding the sequence of events regarding the installation of the Gatekeeper (GK).

When the second Cisco Call Manager (CCM) cluster was installed, a non-gatekeeper controlled intercluster trunk (ICT) was defined. This trunk placed and received calls properly, but because we had limited bandwidth available we determined we needed to install a gatekeeper to perform CAC.

When we installed the gatekeeper we created a new ICT that was gatekeeper controlled. We then created a new route group and route list for this ICT on both ends. Then we pointed the route pattern on each end to the new route lists. NOTE: WE DID NOT DELETE THE ORIGINAL ICT AT THIS TIME.

After doing this, we were able to place calls over the GK Controlled ICT but CAC was not working properly. The originating CCM would go to GK to verify that the call could be placed, but the receiving CCM never did. It would simply connect the call. I assumed that the receiving CCM was associating the incoming call with the original ICT (Non-GK controlled), so I deleted the Non GK Controlled ICT on both ends. After that point I was unable to place calls across the WAN. To verify my assumption, I recreated the Non-GK ICT and I was once again able to place calls, but CAC on the receiving end was not occurring.

To summarize, If a non-gatekeeper controlled ICT is defined on each call manager cluster I can place calls across the WAN, even though the route pattern points to the GK controlled trunk. However, Call Admission Control does not occur on the receiving end of the call. Without the non-gk controlled trunk, calls can not be completed.

1 REPLY
Silver

Re: Can not place calls over gatekeeper controlled ICT

I assume the problem is happening both ways, no matter which side intiates the call. When you do a "show gatekeeper endpoint" on the gatekeeper, do you see both the callmanagers registered? Can you post the gatekeeper portion of the config?

Views
Helpful
Replies