Helpful
Replies

Can not remove subscriber from Unity

steven.brummer
Level 1
Level 1

Unity Version 3.1.5

Exchange 5.5/2000 mixed mode offbox installation

I have a subscriber that has left our organization and someone has already removed the subscribers NT login and Exchange 5.5 mailbox our Exchange system. (We're in a mixed mode 5.5/2000 organization currently with the MSADC replicating everything between 5.5 and AD)

The subscriber is still in Unity and when I try to delete it, it appears to delete (no errors from the servers) but the subscriber is still in there. Modifying the subscriber doesn't work as well. (I need to reassign the extension to someone else and I can't even change the old subscriber's extension) The changes don't take effect.

I have searched the forums, and I can't find any hits on my situation, and I couldn't seem to find a utility on CiscoUnityTools that would brute force pull this person out of Unity.

This subscriber does not show up anywhere outside of Unity (Exchange or AD)

Any ideas?

TIA,

Steve

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

That's a bit odd since if the user is gone from the directory/mailstore the directory monitor should have removed it on the fly - although in mixed mode that can be tricky stuff.

The easiest way to deal with this is to open the Enterprise Manager if you're using SQL 2000 and find that guy's record in the Subscriber table and delete the row - triggers will take care of deleting all the other info in other tables related to this guy (call handler, contact rules, messaging rules etc...).

If you're not running SQL 2000 you can do this in CUDLE (which you can get off www.CiscoUnityTools.com) in the Query Builder by using the command:

"DELETE FROM Subscriber WHERE Alias='myalias;"

where, of course, myalias is the alias of the subscriber you want to remove.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

That's a bit odd since if the user is gone from the directory/mailstore the directory monitor should have removed it on the fly - although in mixed mode that can be tricky stuff.

The easiest way to deal with this is to open the Enterprise Manager if you're using SQL 2000 and find that guy's record in the Subscriber table and delete the row - triggers will take care of deleting all the other info in other tables related to this guy (call handler, contact rules, messaging rules etc...).

If you're not running SQL 2000 you can do this in CUDLE (which you can get off www.CiscoUnityTools.com) in the Query Builder by using the command:

"DELETE FROM Subscriber WHERE Alias='myalias;"

where, of course, myalias is the alias of the subscriber you want to remove.