Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Can not retrive calls put on hold.

We are having trouble retriving calls put on hold at our call centers.

We have the same behavior on both CM platforms at seperate locations.

CM 3.1.4

CM 3.2.2

Example:

Phone A

Line1: 6780

Line2: 6300

Line3: 6301

Line4: 6302

Line5: 6303

Line6: 6304

Phone B

Line1: 6375

A call comes in on 6300 the main call center number..

Phone A picks up the call on 6300 and puts the caller on hold.

A second call comes in on 6300 it does not roll to 6301 because the caller on 6300 phone A is on hold. Phone B picks up the second call on 6300. Now phone A has an x over the phone icon next to line 2 6300. Phone A can not retrive the caller on hold on 6300 until phone B finishes the call it has on 6300.

6 REPLIES

Re: Can not retrive calls put on hold.

With all those line appearances and what not I would make the decision to turn off Call-Waiting Globally on the system. You can test the theory by doing it on one phone first however.

CM > Device > Phone > Find > Select Phone > Select Each Line Appearance for 6300 6301 6302 6303 and turn Call-Waiting OFF

See if that fixes your problem. You will notice a couple of annoying things when you do this however. For instance: you won't be able to see the caller ID of the 2nd incoming call because it is hidden behind the first call screen. Hard to explain, but you will see.

If you like what you see and it fixes your problem Consider setting it globally

CM > Service > Service Parameters > Server > Cisco CallManager > CallWaitingEnable = FALSE ( About 11 lines down on my CM version)

Call waiting is off globally and manually on each line.

I see...... interesting. I am most concerned with why the phone doesn't roll to 6301 when the user is on hold.

Tell me more about how your call center is setup. Are you just shaing line appearances across multiple phones?

Under the phone. What are your Call Forward and Pickup Settings? And what partitions are part of the CSS?

For instance:

Line 6300

Forward Busy > 6301 > CSS_1

CSS_1

Partition1

Line 6301

Forward Busy > 6302 > CSS_1

CSS_1

Partition1

Something like that?

We do it a little differently where each line appearance is 6300, 6300, 6300 and we just put each one in a different partition and different CSS's forward the calls down when busy.

They are all the same except line 1. Each phone has a different line1 number for personal use.

Phone A

Line1: 6780

CSS:HNS_LongDist

Forward Busy: Unity

Forward no answer: Unity

Forward Busy:6301 Partition:HNS_IP

Forward no answer:6301 Partition:HNS_IP

Forward Busy:6302 Partition:HNS_IP

Forward no answer:6302 Partition:HNS_IP

Forward Busy:6303 Partition:HNS_IP

Forward no answer:6303 Partition:HNS_IP

Forward Busy:6304 Partition:HNS_IP

Forward no answer:6304 Partition:HNS_IP

Forward Busy:6300 Partition:HNS_IP

Forward no answer:6300 Partition:HNS_IP

Do your other extensions behave correctly, that is does 6780 go to Unity when it is busy?

If you Forward All on 6300 to 6301 do calls behave correctly then?

You might want to try to remove 6300-04 from all but one phone and try to get it to work. I have on rare occasion run into situations where deleting and then

recreating has solved some quirky problems.

Also, not that this is causing the problem, but it could cause one. You have created a loop, by routing the last DN 6304 back to 6300. It would be safer to send FB FNA on 6304 to Unity, where you could perhaps offer to dial by name, or leave a message in general mailbox, or just make a slightly winded greeting stating all operators are busy and then send them back to 6300 to try again. Or you could send it to a failover DN somewhere else.

It was not an inbound call causing the problem.

It was a bug.

-Troubleshooting steps:

terminaled into the customer call manager.

had customer simulate the call.

cust has the 2 phones in the same partition.

testing 2 shared phones in the same partition here and get "line in use" when going off hook on the second phone.

Sent cust the same phone load that i am using here P00303020700. Still not working.

Did a bug search and found CSCdz08202 .

-Conclusions:

CSCdz08202

-Next steps:

cust is going to upgrade to 3.2.3.

cust said they will have to wait for a while before the upgrade and ok'd to close the case.

Views
Helpful
Replies