Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can not stop messages from being left in mailbox, Unity 3.1

Trying to keep people from leaving messages in a users mailbox. They want there message to be played and then for the mailbox to hangup. Went under Subscriber and then messages and chose the Say goodbye Call handler. That did not work. I then went into Greeting under the subscriber and and chose the Say goodbye call handler and that did not work. I then went into greeting and set the after greeting to hang up. With all of these items changed I can still leave a voicemail message for this subscriber.

Any ideas?

2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Can not stop messages from being left in mailbox, Unity 3.1

You're on the right track with the "after greeting action" but I'm guessing you're editing the wrong greeting (there are 5). By default the after greeting action is "take message" and if you set it to go to the say goodbye call handler (much friendlier than just hanging up) it'll do what you want.

To make sure you have the right greeting you can select the Alternate greeting, make it active/enabled (this will over ride the other greetings) and set it's after greeting action to go to the say goodbye call handler.

Re: Can not stop messages from being left in mailbox, Unity 3.1

I actually found this about 10 minutes after I posted the message. It was the alternate greeting that I needed to be changing. I was changing the standard greeting.

Thanks for the reply.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content