cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can Outside Callers Join A MeetMe Conf

droessler
Level 1
Level 1

Can outside callers join a scheduled MeetMe conferecnce? For example, I create a MeetMe Conf that has ID 682. We would like a customer to join in and want them to be able to dial ext682 when they hit our Unity AA, then join in on the MeetMe Conf.

Is this possible? Any ideas would be helpful thanks

ICS7750, CCM3.1.2c, Unity 2.4.6(126)

6 Replies 6

trailman73
Level 4
Level 4

Haven't tried that yet, as of now we have an operator transfer the outside caller to the meet me extension.

Geoff

dconstantino
Level 4
Level 4

You can setup Unity to force the caller from the outside to speak there name allowing you the abillity to refuse access to the conf. Meet me is designed to be used for outside callers.

paul.harrison
Level 4
Level 4

Yes external calls can terminate in a meet me conference via a ddi number, BUT the conference MUST have beenset up by an internal party.

So if an extension starts a meet-mee conference then any number of external parties can dial in (up to the conference limit) and the internal party can drop out after the first external party joins.

Paul

tim.medley
Level 2
Level 2

Yes.

There a couple ways to accomplish this. First, the easiest way is to use a valid DID for the meet-me number. As long as the DID is callable from the pstn then this should work. This is what we do, it keeps things simple.

Second, you can have the external user call into your organization and then they could be transfered to the internal meet me extension.

Third, an internal user can call the meet me extension and then use an ad-hoc conference to conference the external user in to the meet me.

Hope this helps.

Tim Medley, CCNP+Voice, CCDP, CWNA

Sr. Network Architect

VoIP Group

iReadyWorld

rchapee
Level 1
Level 1

One thing to keep in mind is that the Cisco MeetMe conferencing has no security! Someone could dial in and you would never know they were there. I really like the other post on using Unity for outside callers but you still have the issue for internal.

If you are looking for some advanced conferencing software try www.latitude.com . They have some really nice Lotus and exchange integration plus some data colaboration features.

I am currently trying to design an app that will run through CRA to do security for meetme and I will post it on iptnetworkers.com when it is complete.

*** www.iptnetworkers.com ***

r.earle
Level 1
Level 1

I did this by simply adding a translation with a redirect to the meetme extension. This worked for us and it is simple to set up.

Ron