cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can't access SA - Networking and Templates

sarrick
Level 1
Level 1

Getting the "Your Windows Domain Account [mbunity\exchservice] is not associated with a Unity Subscriber" when I try to log into SA. Ran GrantUnityAccess with success but not change. DBWalker shows that the ch_defaulttemplate and ch_default admintemplate has no valid owner. The output from DBWalker follows. I think that the problem lies maybe in the fact that I have two Unity servers networked and I used the same install account for both?! I see that there are multiple Example Admin and Subcriber accounts in W2K showing replication conflicts (EAdmin37c7ef45 and Eadmin37c7ef73 - same for other users and groups). Note that each account conflicts because one thinks that Main is the Exchange server and the other thinks that Remote is its Exchange server. As I mentioned, the main Unity server is working fine, the other is the problem child. Any suggestions?

Handler Alias=ch_defaulttemplate

Extension = -- no extension, this is a primary handler for a subscriber template.

Location Object Alias=default

Handler owner alias=(error) Invalid Handler Owner

Handler is an orphan of a mail user removed from the system... it should be removed.

Handler message recipient alias=(error) Invalid Handler Recipient

Handler Alias=ch_defaultadmintemplate

Extension = -- no extension, this is a primary handler for a subscriber template.

Location Object Alias=default

Handler owner alias=(error) Invalid Handler Owner

Handler is an orphan of a mail user removed from the system... it should be removed.

Handler message recipient alias=(error) Invalid Handler Recipient

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

First, we'll need to know what version of Unity you're running... the way templates were constructed in the database changed a bit in later versions of 3.1 and dbWalker got caught with it's pants down reporting an error along these lines that really wasn't an error any longer.

If the owner (administrator) and recipient for the template's primary handlers is NULL, that's totally legal now - in the past it used to have to be a real subscriber (i.e. the Example Administrator account). The latest version of dbWalker should not bark about this any longer - not sure which version of dbWalker you're running, however. It's reported at the top of the log file and in the about box.

It COULD be reporting a legitimate concern with the templates, however I kind of doubt it. Since it didn't show the ObjectID it was trying to find and failing I suspect strongly the values are NULL and this is probably 3.1(5) and you're probably fine insofar as the dbWalker errors go.

If you have mulitple Unity servers you will have two Example Admin and Example Subscriber mail users and two All Subscribers and Unaddressed Messaged public distribution lists along with two primary location objects - one for each Unity server. This is normal and expected. The string of numbers and letters on the end of the alias for the EAdmin account you list are the "SystemID" values that we tack on to make sure they are unique for all Unity servers on your directory. Nothing to worry about here - there should be no conflict, just similiar looking names.

We'll need to know more about the specific problems you're having with the "problem child" Unity server to be more help along those lines...

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

First, we'll need to know what version of Unity you're running... the way templates were constructed in the database changed a bit in later versions of 3.1 and dbWalker got caught with it's pants down reporting an error along these lines that really wasn't an error any longer.

If the owner (administrator) and recipient for the template's primary handlers is NULL, that's totally legal now - in the past it used to have to be a real subscriber (i.e. the Example Administrator account). The latest version of dbWalker should not bark about this any longer - not sure which version of dbWalker you're running, however. It's reported at the top of the log file and in the about box.

It COULD be reporting a legitimate concern with the templates, however I kind of doubt it. Since it didn't show the ObjectID it was trying to find and failing I suspect strongly the values are NULL and this is probably 3.1(5) and you're probably fine insofar as the dbWalker errors go.

If you have mulitple Unity servers you will have two Example Admin and Example Subscriber mail users and two All Subscribers and Unaddressed Messaged public distribution lists along with two primary location objects - one for each Unity server. This is normal and expected. The string of numbers and letters on the end of the alias for the EAdmin account you list are the "SystemID" values that we tack on to make sure they are unique for all Unity servers on your directory. Nothing to worry about here - there should be no conflict, just similiar looking names.

We'll need to know more about the specific problems you're having with the "problem child" Unity server to be more help along those lines...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: