cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can't add mail user to distribution list/ user doesn't show up in Directory

david.munro
Level 1
Level 1

After deleting a user and their phone from CM and the subsciber from Unity, I've added a new user with the same extension in CM and Unity. In some cases I get the following error message in Unity when I import the new existing Exchange 2000 user:

"Warning: Could not add new mail user to the distribution lists".

In other cases, there is no error message but the new user's extension does not show up with their name in the Corporate Directory.

These events happen only after deleting and adding new users to previously used phones.

3 Replies 3

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Unity version?

Try running the latest dbWalker off AnswerMonkey.net (3.0.23) - it makes specific checks in the DTMFAccessID (extension) tables for duplicates and "stranded" IDs and the like that might turn something up here - or at least give us a clue as to what to look at next.

Version is 3.0, Build 3.0.3.

Thanks for the reply. Ran the dbWalker and got no errors on the new users, except in some cases a greeting error.

I also tried adding a new test user to a previously used phone and got the same problem - no extension associated with user's name. Deleting user and extension doesn't help. Is the phone itself retaining settings of some kind I wonder?

Any help would be appreciated.

Resolved. Forgot to add extension in the "telephone number" field . .only associated the extension!