cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can't change autoattendant script

rjain
Level 1
Level 1

Hi I am trying to change the aa.aef script. By default Autoattendant says "dial 1 for extension and 2 for names" . I want to change it to "press the extension any time "I don't want any outside caller to enter 1 and than dial the extension. I just want user to enter the extension. i want to get rid of 1. Please help me out.Thanks.

3 Replies 3

aslam
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

If you do not want to give the option 2 also, then you can replace the 'menu' step by a 'get digit string' step and put the appropriate prompt.

But if you need to use the 'menu' step then the user needs to put in a choice. You can fool the system to achieve your requirement, assuming you have 4 digit extensions say 5000 to 5999 you can select option 5 (in the menu step) and then get the rest of the three digits using a 'get digit string' (placed under branch 5) and then do a transfer to the extension after adding a 5 in front of the three digits. Repeat the steps for other rante of extensions also.

Hope it helps.

Aslam.

Hi Aslam,

I don;t have the otpion in editor to create a new one. Do you know if I can downlaod that by chance? We are using "NFR " copy . SO it might not have the option to create a new script. Thanks for your answer.

I tried to create the script ,but it seems that i don't have the full functionality. I can not see all the pallete to make the script. Does somone know if i can download it. thanks in advance.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: