cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can't get into Unity Administration

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

I have an end user who tries to get into Unity Administration but gets an Access Denied, your Administrator account does not have a Unity Account. Note: Some time in the past end user on their own reinstalled from scratch so that Unity could be a member server on their domain.<br><br>

2 Replies 2

Not applicable

Well, this sounds like a support type question... someone will need to check out your system settings with you and try to figure out what's not happy with that account.

The text of the error message you mentioned doesn't exist... I suspect it's saying either your account doesn't have rights to access the SA or your account is not a Unity subscriber.

The authentication process is pretty straight forward. We take the NT credentials presented to us when you hit the SA page and find the Exchange account(s) associated with that NT account. If we can't resolve it (i.e. you don't have an Exchange account at all), you'll get a message indicating no account was found. If we can get an Exchange account we check to see if it's been modified to be a Unity Subscriber (i.e. we added some flags to their custom properties). If not, you'll get the error message indicating it's not a Unity subscriber. If they are a subscriber, we find their COS reference and make sure they have rights to access the SA. If not you'll get a specific message saying you don't have rights to access the SA.

Depending on which one you're getting, you can investigate further or call our support folks to help you out.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect
Active Voice Corp
jlindborg@activevoice.com

Not applicable

FYI, another thing that would cause the scenario in these posts is if multiple exchange mailboxes are associated with one NT account. When you do your lookup of COS, it will default aphabetically and if the first Exchange user account does not have system access permissions, you will be denied. Example Kim has two exchange mailboxes one with Kim and one with Kaufman. Kim is a Unity Admin, Kaufman is a Unity subscriber. It will default to Kaufman and not allow me system access.