Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't import a user in unity

We have unity 3.1.5 in mixed mode with exchange 5.5 and 2000.

I have deleted one user account and mailbox before removing him from unity.

His mailbox was on exchange 2000.

I'm now trying to add him back (new login and new mailbox still on 2000) but get an unspecified error occured message.

I tried to delete the call handler and subscriber entry directly in SQL but still same error. What can I do to completely remove this user from unity before adding it back.

I also tried to use the directory access diagnostic tool but I get

You currently are logged as DOMAIN/UnityDirSvc

The Dad tool requires you log in asUnityDirSvc@domain.com.

But I am actually logged as UnityDirSvc@domain.com. Is this because of the mixed mode setup?

3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: can't import a user in unity

Hi Boris

Have you run DbWalker? This should cleanup orphaned callhandlers. Also, when you specify "I tried to manually delete it from SQL " did you actually delete it? Can you still find it back in SQL?

Do you get that errror when you are using the Cisco Unity Import Utility or are you doing this via SA? (if you have not tried importing it with Cisco Unity Import Utility please try it with that one as well)

Finally what is being reported in Event Viewer?

Ullie

The event viewer has this error

Failed modifying the following properties on directory object CN=Chris Yeung,OU=Employees,OU=People,DC=epiphany,DC=com:

ciscoEcsbuListInUMDirectory

ciscoEcsbuUMLocationObjectId

Reason: LDAP_INSUFFICIENT_RIGHTS.

However, I have no problem adding or deleting new users. Just this particular one can't be re-added. Is it a right issue for that particular mailbox in exchange?

To answer my own question, yes there was permision issues for that particular user because for some unknown reason , he was set to not inherite the rights from the OU

Thanks

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content