cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can't import certain users from Exchange into Unity

achillesva
Level 1
Level 1

Wierdest thing. I have a lab environment and I am attempting to import some 5.5 users into Unity from Exchange.

This is the second Unity box I've built in the environment, the previous one died.

It only sees 5 users in the entire GAL (it is joined to the site/org, there is only 1 exchange server apart from the Unity box). These 5 users we can see do NOT have the custom attributes 12-15 cited in article http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/788/AVVID/exch_subscr_unity.html, and they have trust levels of 20 instead of 0 like the rest of the GAL.

Well, we tried removing custom attributes 12-15 from the other mailboxes and raising the trust level, it did nothing.

We can still only see those five mailboxes (4 are in 1 container, 1 in another) when we try to import. Any ideas? Thanks!

9 Replies 9

kechambe
Level 7
Level 7

Make sure that the 'voice-mail-user-ID' property is set to 0 on all of the subscribers.

Keith

What is "voice-mail-user-ID"? Is this an object attribute viewed in Exchange raw properties? If so, I don't see this for *any* of the users listed in the GAL.

Is it something I set in Unity SAWeb administrator? In Call Manager?

I can't seem to find it. . .

Thanks!

Oops! I'm an idiot. I just found it. Sorry. I was looking at "existing" raw attribs. and not "all". I'll let you know if it works.

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can also try dbWalker (you can get the latest off CCO or www.AnswerMonkey.net). For 2.x versions of Unity it will try and find "stranded mail users" in the directory and clean them of subscriber properties automatically. I suspect cleaning the voice mail user property, however, will clear the problem.

achillesva
Level 1
Level 1

OK, we figured it out. It has nothing to do with Unity. The Aelita migration tool that migrates mailboxes from 5.5 to 2000 is writing to the mailboxes. Among other things it is effecting obj. attrs. 12-15, and the trust levels on the mailboxes.

So now I need to figure out a way to make Aelita work in conjunction with Unity. In order to do this, I need to have a comprehensive understanding of *how* the SAWeb Admin. "sees" mailboxes in Exchange. What obj. attrs. is it looking at? How is it writing to them? Is there a white paper on this? Do I have to call TAC?

In 2.4.6 the SA looks in the directory for mail users and it filters on a couple of flags in there to see if we can actually make them a subscriber.

it has to have the allow rich text property on.

the voice mail user id flag needs to be clear

custom attributes 12 through 15 need to be clear

That should be it... if you have users like that and they still aren't showing up as available to import i'm not sure what the deal is right off hand.

Jeff,

It was the allow rtf property. Once we gave it a "1" value, Unity could see the object again. It looks like Aelita is turning it off, we just need to figure out why now, but that's not your problem.

Thanks again Jeff. You're the best, I don't care if you do have long hair. . .

slc2
Level 1
Level 1

I have Exch5.5, Unity 3.13. UM implementation. I cleared the attributes that Jeff mentioned but, still can't import a particular mailbox.

any ideas?

Never mind. Replication took care of the problem.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: