cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

can't record greetings or recorded name on 3.1.3

joshw
Level 1
Level 1

I just finished an install of 3.1.3 on Win2k. When I try to record my name through the auto enrollment, it records 1 second of nothing and then tells me there is no recorded name. Any ideas?

4 Replies 4

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is likely a one-way-audio issue. This is most commonly caused by having two NICs in the Unity box (disable one). Here's a tech tip that's related:

http://www.cisco.com/warp/customer/788/AVVID/1way_audio.html

I do have 2 NICs and I just disabled one and am rebooting. Could this be a problem even if the nic is not plugged in?

Yup. If that NIC is seen by the OS (then it's potentially seen by any program requesting local network configuration settings), it can cause problems. I think it'll need to be disabled or removed completely.

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi -

We are running Unity 3.1.5 with CallManager 3.2(2a). We were having the same problem with auto enrollment. Although we had coded the recommended 3 secs for "During a recording - discard any recording less than 3 seconds", our users were hit or miss on getting their spoken name recorded until we changed the value to 1 second. That fixed the problem :-)