Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

Can't run export tool

I was going to upgrade my 2.4.6-161 server to 3.1.5.

The export utilty returns an error. Other tools like dbwalker or subsriber dump info return the same following error.

Error in from load routine. Description=Method '~' of object '~' failed.

How can I fix this?

I need to be able to run the export utility to perform the upgrade.

Thanks

7 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Can't run export tool

Be sure you're running it locally (don't try to use WTS on those tools with 2.x) - and be sure to log in as the same account the AvCSMGr service is running as - that error means we can't bind to the running DOH (data engine under Unity).

Community Member

Unfortunatly I'm am local to the machine and I'm using the account the unity services are running as.

Any other ideas?

Cisco Employee

nope... that's what that error means - can't connect to DOH. Unity either isn't running or the account you're logged in as doesn't have rights to do so.

Community Member

The only think I can think of now is that outlook 2000 was recently uninstalled from that system. It shouldn't have been installed in the first place. Any chance this might have caused this problem?

Community Member

Installing MDAC 2.6SP2 solved the problem.

Thanks

Cisco Employee

Hmmm... I got no idea why MDAC would have anything to do with this - the 2.x version of dbWalker for instance didn't use any database access at all (ODBC, OLE Db or otherwise - all the stuff MDAC would be concerned with). It only bound to the DOH an did it's thing - MDAC would not have been in the mix here.

FullDBExport uses Jet libraries to creating the MDB files which is why the help says to make sure MDAC 2.6 is necessary - but the dbWalker report in your first post is throwing me off big time here...

Community Member

I also uninstall unneeded software like pcanywhere , viewmail and some more crap that was there. Maybe this fixed the problem?

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content