cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can't transfer to a 4 digit ext containing a 9

sbray
Level 1
Level 1

After implementing our new IP system I have one remote person that is unable to transfer out of our Automated attendant to any extension that contains a nine in it. Any other number works as long as it doesn't contain a nine. It seems to be their whole phone system, any phone they use they get the same problem. Anybody ever hear of this?

3 Replies 3

ciscomoderator
Community Manager
Community Manager

Since there has been no response to your post, it appears to be either too complex or too rare an issue for other forum members to assist you. If you don't get a suitable response to your post, you may wish to review our resources at the online Technical Assistance Center (http://www.cisco.com/tac) or speak with a TAC engineer. You can open a TAC case online at http://www.cisco.com/tac/caseopen

If anyone else in the forum has some advice, please reply to this thread.

Thank you for posting.

mysterx
Level 1
Level 1

You might also want to provide version information for the systems in question, to help narrow down the possibilities. Since 9 is often a trunk access code, some phone systems apply special restrictions to it as a dialable digit.

What version of Call Manager?

What brand and version of auto attendant?

What phone system is in use at the remote site?

If this is a Unity autoattendant, make sure your Opening Box doesn't have the digit 9 "locked" to the action of Ignore, or it can cause a problem similar to this.

I have run into this issue when trying to integrate with older key type systems. There is nothing that can be done with a "non standard" tone being generated and sent. I don't know of any way to adjust the DTMF tones on the CCM platform, although some PBX and Key legacy systems have that capability. What kind of system are they calling from?

If it is only that site that has issues then it is likely that their system has issues sending the appropriate tones. Have you engaged the sites PBX vendor?

The selling point is though that if they upgrade to IPT at the remote site, the problem goes away...

;-)