Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Unity call a person back?

If someone leaves a message for a subscriber, is there a capabability built within Unity to allow the subscriber to call the party back that left a message?

For example, after listening to a message, I press a key which then connect me with the person that left the message.

I don't see any way in which Unity can do this, and definitely see the ports issue (where you use up two voicemail ports), but a request was made to duplicate a feature in an old phone system.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

Re: Can Unity call a person back?

Unity 4.0(3) will have a "call back" feature to return a call to a subscriber that left you a message like you describe - it wont be able to return a call to outside (unknown) users based on ANI or the like in this release (too many sticky issues with dialing restrictions and potential for toll fraud).

1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

Re: Can Unity call a person back?

Unity 4.0(3) will have a "call back" feature to return a call to a subscriber that left you a message like you describe - it wont be able to return a call to outside (unknown) users based on ANI or the like in this release (too many sticky issues with dialing restrictions and potential for toll fraud).

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content