cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot Access Internal Extensions That Do Not Have VM

droessler
Level 1
Level 1

I have some extensions inernally that I do not want to have to set up Unity VM accounts for, such as the conference room and data center, but I want outside callers to be able to dial them diuring the AA Greetings. Currently it seems, eventhough an extension is visible internally through the Corporate Directory, Unity does not recognize it unless there is a VM account. Any ideas for a work around? I am running Unity2.4.5/CM3.0.8/ICS7750

3 Replies 3

dgoodwin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The Unity AA won't let you dial numbers that are not associated with a subscriber account.

If you have a small amount of these special numbers than you could create call handlers for them and setup the caller input on the main menu to be able to call these.

bcowley
Level 1
Level 1

You should set these users up as Internet Subscribers. This will not setup a voicemail box for them, but will let the calls pass through. My experience is that a call handler will not work if the subscriber is not in the system, so you would still have to set up the mailbox that way. Just go to add a new subscriber and select Internet User.

Kitchen Phones, Conference Room phones, modem lines, etc, should normally be set up as Call Handlers. Internet subscribers are used to make voicemail boxes for message delivery to SMTP addresses.