cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

cannot access mailbox from station

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

Whenever one of our subscribers tries to access their messages via phone Unity states that "system is unable to complete your call at this time, try again later" They can listen to voice messages via VMO, but the message indicator light doesn't light eventhough there is something in the mailbox. Also an event is sent to the application event log that says:<br><br>11/30/2000 8:35:36 AM AvConvMsg_MC Error Error 10002 N/A CORP-UNITY GetMailboxStatus returned [0x8004000c] on line 108 of file h:\CommSvr\Sources\ConversationEng\AvStateSvr\AvSGetMailboxStatus.cpp <br><br>Running conversation SubMenu on Port 5 <br>Subscriber Display Name : Nicole Ferrara <br>Subscriber Alias : NFerrara <br><br>Running conversation SubMsgCount on Port 5<br><br>Need Help. Thanks in advance. <br> <br><br>

3 Replies 3

Not applicable

Has this mailbox been moved to a different Exchange server recently by any chance?

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect
Active Voice
jlindborg@activevoice.com
http://members.home.net/jlindborg

Not applicable

I am Having the same errors and the user was homed on a different server when the trouble began, is there something that will cure this, we tried homing back to original server and re-starting the unity server. still having problem, I now know you must shut down unity before homing users to other servers, but what can be done for these users?

www.midcosystems.com

Not applicable

Where they are homed is not the problem... if you moved a user while we were logged into their box (i.e. you didn't take Unity off line or you didn't log them out of their mailbox using DOHPropTest) Exchange now has two mailboxes for this guys floating between two machines.

The only way to clear this condition for sure it to reboot both the server you moved the user FROM and the server you moved it TO and Unity. Ugly, I know.

The same thing will happen if you have Outlook logged into a box and move the mailbox to another Exchange server... Exchange just doesn't deal with this very well. Once you reboot the servers in question it should clear it up and the users messages will finish moving over to their new box location and all should be well.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect
Active Voice
jlindborg@activevoice.com
http://members.home.net/jlindborg